Countdown to Easter with this chalkboard bunny. His tail is painted with chalkboard paint and he has a piece of chalk hanging from one ear. So cute!
Visit www.stockade.ca for all parts & paints.
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint:
- Multi-Purpose Sealer #DS917
- Flower & Stems Stencil #CS272
- Paint Dabbers
- DuraClear Satin Varnish #DS921
- Chalkboard Paint #MP516
- Sand bunny and seal with Multi-Purpose Sealer.
- Basecoat with Whispering Turquoise.
- Lightly dab your paint dabber into Blue Chiffon. Lay the flower stencil on the bunny in the desired spot. Lightly stipple the paint into this space. Repeat.
- After bunny is dry, use sandpaper to distress.
- Add lots of water to White Wash paint and slip slap onto the bunny to create a "white wash" look. Let dry.
- Using Calypso Blue and a liner brush, paint "HOW MANY "HOPS" TO EASTER" around where the tail will go.
- Drill holes in the ears for hanging.
- Using the large flower from the stencil, outline the tail with pencil. Use a brush to apply chalkboard paint to this space.
- Create a bow with burlap. Cut a piece of approximately 1 1/2" x 15" and create two loops. Glue the centre of these loops and then wrap a thinner piece of burlap (approximately 1" x 2 1/2") around the middle before hot gluing onto the bunny's neck.
- Using a long piece of ribbon, tie one end into a bow around the bunny's ear and the other end around a piece of chalk.
- Hang with jute.
Find more project plans at www.stockade.ca.