Paint your own set of 2D Matryoshka dolls. These designs originate from Russia and feature a repeating pattern on different sizes of dolls. They would also be cute painted up to resemble family members. Continue for plan instructions...
General Instructions for all 4 dolls:
- Sand & seal all pieces.
- Basecoat as follows: Fleshtone – Arm & Faces, Tomato Red - Kerchiefs, True Ochre - Dresses, Victorian Blue - Capes, Black - Hair.
- Transfer details for faces & outfits.
- Using a stylus “dip-dot" the flowers with a variety of colours from your palette.
- Paint tiny leaf swoops with Hauser Medium Green.
- Basecoat the eyes White.
- Paint the irises Black and highlight in the top center with a White dot.
- Using Antique Rose, paint the lips and dry-brush the cheeks.
- The largest doll has thin white stripes running along the edge of her cape.
- Varnish with your choice of finish. Add detail lines using an Identipen.
- 1 1/2" Russian Doll #RR9530, 2 1/4" Russian Doll #RR9531, 3" Russian Doll #RR9532, 4" Russian Doll #RR9533. DecoArt Americana Paints: Antique Rose #7156, Flesh Tone #7078, Hauser Medium Green #7132, Lamp Black #7067, Snow (Titanium) White #7001, Tomato Red #7169, True Ochre #7143, Victorian Blue #7039.