This cute rabbit was easy to paint and makes a great sign for welcoming Spring.
Visit www.stockade.ca for all parts & paints.
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint:
- Sand bunny and seal with Multi-Purpose Sealer.
- Basecoat with Americana Melon.
- Lightly dab your paint dabber into Light Buttermilk. Lay the 1 3/4" circle stencil on the bunny in the desired spot. Lightly stipple the paint into this space (see image below). Repeat.
- After bunny is dry, use sandpaper to distress.
- Add lots of water to White Wash paint and slip slap onto the bunny to create a "white wash" look. Let dry.
- Drill holes in the ears for hanging.
- Finish with Varnish.
- Cut a piece of burlap 1" x 15" and a piece 4 1/2" x 3 1/2". Use jute to attach the bow onto the centre of the longer piece. Create the bow tie knot by continuing to wrap the centre with jute. Tie at the back around the bunny's neck.
- Hang with twine or use ribbons to create a more vibrant bunny.
- Welcome Spring with your new bunny!